Walking Through Glass, Dreams and Writing

In this Weblog, I hope to explore dreams, poetry (and other writing), and the connections between dreaming and writing. I hope you will participate in a dialogue on the subject. Please DO post comments.

Saturday, April 09, 2005

Dreaming Tahquamenon

On a raft above the falls, drifting
Among great boulders, a bed waits.
Under a waxing gibbous moon, across
the bed, we face each other. Unbutton one
button at a time. Eyes lock
in the dim light. Trees spin by, dark
hemlocks, maples pale in autumn
yellow. Another button. One more
and clothes drop
to the deck. Blue light caresses
roundness of breast, lean length of arm,
dark triangles. Under eyelets and
goose down, we turn toward each other
until skin touches skin along the length
of limbs. Over the falls with a thundering
whoosh, the raft sails. Miraculous,
winged. It settles. Soft
in the mist and foam below, our lips
meet.

Mary Stebbins
For KT
[050409-2a; 021027-1b, 1st]
Available

Tahquamenon is the second largest waterfalls east of the Mississippi. It is located in Michigan's UP. This poem came directly from a lovely erotic dream. I hope to continue to work on it until it succeeds (or comes closer to succeeding) at communicating the joy and pleasure I felt in this dream.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this, and as you may know, I saw it a couple years ago when Keith sent it to me. So I imagine he fw'd my comment to you then, but I'll note it now for your blog. I said the dream symbolized the way you'd "undressed" one another mentally and spiritually through your emails and fell in love -- "whoosh" -- before you'd ever even kissed!

Thursday, April 14, 2005 5:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't mean to be "anonymous" -- I'm Gail

Thursday, April 14, 2005 5:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home